Letter to a Lonely Army Man

Grandpa had just received a dear John from his girlfriend while in the service. His wonderful cousin who worked with grandma asked her to write to him and we all know how that worked out. This is that letter:

Hello You!
I know we haven’t been properly introduced, but since I’m sure you’ll fall in love with me, why should I wait for an introduction. I am a tall blonde with a wonderful personality. I’m sure you can’t wait to meet me. I work in the beauty salon with your cousin, and she asked me to write to you, she said you were sort of a wallflower.
Well I feel sorry for you, so I’ll write often providing you don’t get too serious. I’m not the marrying type you know.
Now I’ll close knowing you’ll want to answer this immediately. If you really insist on sending a picture I’ll find room for it.
Sincerely Yours,
Virginia Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment